I must be totally crazy because I’ve decided to take part in a further two read-a-thons on top of already doing #spookathon.
Tomorrow is Dewey’s 24 hour readathon a one day reading sprint during which you read as much as possible and generally come together to talk books and reading, go nuts on social media and take part in mini challenges.
My TBR for tomorrow (still tying in with #spookathon) has 2 definate reads that I want to read start to finish:
- The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
- The Walking Dead volume 1
Then two other books that I plan on making good progress on:
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Formally
The first there, Anna, is also for #spookathon but the second fits in with the next read-a-thon…
From 22nd October until 12th November it is Read Your E Reader (RYER) hosted by Bookworms Buddy on YT. I heard about it through the lovely Melbourne On My Mind on YT. This 3 week long read-a-thon is exactly what it sounds like a 3 week timeframe to blitz through as many of the books on your virtual TBR as possible!
There are 10 Autumn themed challenges which you can take part in, I’m going to try to fit a book to all of them but I’m focusing more on getting the books I want read ticked off! Here are the challenges (and in brackets the books I think I’ll try for them):
- Ghosts: read a paranormal book (The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater)
- Witches: read an urban fantasy
- Pumpkins: read a book with an orange cover
- Haunted House: read a book set in a house
- Falling leaves: read a book that looks like Autumn on the cover (Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi)
- Autumn: read a book that takes place in the season
- Gray Skies: read a book about mental health (Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall)
- Day of the Dead: read a book by a Latin American author or with a Latin American MC (either Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz or Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova)
- Chilly nights: read a book that makes you warm inside
- Trick or Treat: read a book that you wouldn’t normally pick up, will it be good or bad?
As you can see I don’t have every challenge planned up front but I’m going to decide more as i go!
Who else is doing these read-a-thons? Let me know here or over on @_athousandlives on twitter
Happy Reading! 😁